Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

On Nature

Posted in
Looking at the plants outside my window, I found peace. Because of that, I just realized that we really belong to nature. God created nature to be our perfect home yet we cannot deny to ourselves that our own lifestyle destroys nature.
Picture taken: courtesy of the Forest Rangers in Mt. Banahaw and Mrs. Maria Teresa Abesamis

Just a month ago Bagyong Basyang hit Quezon and it caused a big landslide at the top of Mt. Banahaw. It can be clearly seen even at a distance. Is it man made, triggered by mining, kaingin or deforestation? I don't think so; but could it be because of Climate Change that the typhoons today are fiercer and stronger and it triggered the landslide. Maybe. And in the end, we are to blame.. yet hope is never gone and each one of us can do something. Let's learn from the words of Helen Keller:

"I am only one but still I am one. I cannot do everything but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."


2 comments:

psyche.... said...

Yes, indeed we can do something to save our home nature... :)

Unknown said...

what something?

Post a Comment